HPE Ventures is seeking an Investment Principal/ Associate Director to support the MD on investment efforts, and sourcing/leading his/her own investments. The Principal will be expected to source a growing number of investment opportunities and formulating proactive investment theses on areas of interest including but not limited to storage, networking, New cloud stack, cyber security, artificial intelligence, and enterprise solutions.
- Quarterbacking all stages of an investment including diligence, market analysis, and development of investment themes, and deal negotiation
- Proactively source potential deals for Pathfinder
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies (in a board observer capacity) to execute growth and operational improvement strategies
- Develop an “informed perspective”, including managing and building brand and relationships with: VC firms, startup accelerators, founders, and other members of the venture ecosystem
- Maintain/ Lead the investment landscape for a given sector of companies and technology. This includes determining the performance parameters for products addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, business model innovation, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities
- Enhance the professional development of Associates on the team
- 5-7 years of experience in a field related to our areas of investment, consulting/banking or experience in VC
- 3-4 years of direct investing experience at a venture firm or corporate venture group
- Strong understanding of technical sectors
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top-tier graduate program
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple teams and functions and across multiple projects
- Ability to coach more junior team members on the end to end deal process
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping with the ability to translate the results into effective communication
If interested, please apply here.