Flourish is a global venture firm that backs disruptive technology companies whose entrepreneurs seek to redefine the financial services sector and whose innovations help people achieve financial health and prosperity.
Flourish invests at the early stage across key investment themes. With over $500M of capital under management, our global portfolio spans across North America, South America, Asia and Africa. Our current portfolio includes 70 fintech innovators across disruptive categories including challenger banks, embedded finance, infrastructure, insurtech, personal finance and regtech. In addition to our venture investments, we also partner with policymakers, thought leaders, and regulators.
Our team of dedicated, global specialists is culturally and geographically diverse. We are a small, flat team that combines a high degree of autonomy with a culture of close collaboration. We strive to be close to the entrepreneurs we support and to understand the people they serve.
Flourish deploys half of its capital annually in the US and our portfolio includes leaders such as Alloy, Chime, Hummingbird, Jetty, Kin, Propel, Skipify, Unit, among others. We complement our disruptive fintech investments with meaningful partnerships across thought leaders and research partners in the sector including the Financial Health Network and Alliance for Innovative Regulation.
We are looking for an energetic self-starter to join our US investment team as a Principal. You will both support our existing portfolio and drive new investments. A passion for impact, strong analytical skills, and comfort with a high degree of autonomy in a collaborative organization are essential for success in this role.
As a Principal, you will liaise with leadership teams across our portfolio and offer strategic support at the board level in conjunction with a senior Flourish board representative. You will source investment opportunities independently through your networks and work with a senior team member to conduct diligence and close deals with minimal support. You will play a leading role in developing our investment thesis, expand our efforts to support broader entrepreneurial ecosystems, and amplify our brand. We will be expected you to grow into leading deals independently and taking select board positions within 12-18 months.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Source and screen new investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence on prospective investments: assess business plans, construct financial forecasts, prepare investment memoranda and deal closing documents
- Own critical relationships with portfolio companies and support management teams across a broad spectrum of needs including Board participation
- Amplify our brand, presence, and influence by deepening our networks and engaging in and curating high impact events/workshops, etc.
- Advance our efforts to strengthen the broader fintech ecosystem through creative engagements with entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and policymakers.
- Collaborate internally to advance Flourish’s strategy and mission, and support on a variety of events and projects, as needed.
Education, Experience, and Skills requirements:
- Five to seven years of combined experience in a financial services operating role and/or financial services or general technology experience in venture capital or consulting
- Advance degree preferred
- Financial services domain knowledge (either direct work experience in the sector or consulting/banking experience) preferred
- Network of co-investors (angels, seed/A) and fintech entrepreneurs
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and comfort with developing and analyzing complex financial models
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fluid, ambitious startup environment with a high degree of autonomy, self-motivation, and discipline
- Comfort with working in a highly collaborative, global team
At Flourish Ventures, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our core values. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, building the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive returns on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Flourish Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Location: Bay Area, California
If interested, please apply here.