Comcast Ventures is looking to add a Principal to our San Francisco enterprise-focused investment team. The Principal will closely collaborate with the team on investment thesis development, sector coverage, prospecting, investment diligence and portfolio management. She/he will be an ambassador for Comcast Ventures, nurturing existing relationships and fostering new ones with entrepreneurs, investors and industry practitioners.
This is a unique opportunity to impact the future of the enterprise. Throughout our 20-year history in venture, we have helped founding teams build innovative technologies enabling businesses and industries to thrive as they transform and grow.
The Principal’s responsibilities as a deal team lead will include driving the full lifecycle of a deal:
– Identifying and tracking technology trends and market developments
– Networking with entrepreneurs, venture investors and executives at Comcast/NBCUniversal/Sky
– Generating proprietary deal flow of investment opportunities
– Performing due diligence and general transaction processing
– Conducting market sizing, financial analysis and general quantitative modeling
– Preparing internal presentations and memorandums
– Traveling and attending industry conferences and portfolio company board meetings/visits
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Culture is critical. Strong candidates have these attributes:
– High energy and an outgoing personality
– Tireless networker who has established an extensive network of peers, classmates, former colleagues, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists in the San Francisco Bay Area
– Highly articulate with exceptional presentation skills, both in presenting verbally and in creation of slides
– Strong quantitative skills with an ability to build and operate Excel models for financial analysis
– Diligent taskmaster with strong organizational skills
– 8 – 10 years of total professional experience, including 5+ years of technology experience as a software engineer, product manager or other technical role
– Education Level: Master’s degree or equivalent
– Field of Study: Finance, Business, engineering or related degree
– Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering/computer science
About Comcast Ventures:
Comcast Ventures is a leading venture capital firm partnering with extraordinary entrepreneurs building transformative consumer and enterprise companies.
We’re a financial venture capital fund focused on generating superior financial returns from early to growth stage investments across a broad spectrum of industries. The team works to foster the success of its portfolio companies by leveraging the unique resources and insights of both CV and the Comcast/NBCUniversal/Sky family of companies. Today, CV has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Philadelphia.
If interested, please apply here.