We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase Ventures was launched in 2018 with the mandate to support the growing crypto ecosystem by investing in teams and projects that push the industry forward. Since launch, Coinbase Ventures has backed some of the industry’s most important projects at the earliest stages and has also become one of the most prolific investors in crypto by deal count, with over 200+ portfolio companies today. The Ventures team sits at the bleeding edge of the industry, providing an important strategic benefit to both Coinbase and the ecosystem by supporting the development of the broader crypto ecosystem and building strong relationships between industry leaders and compelling entrepreneurs.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Research the cryptocurrency industry, identifying critical shifts and evolving trends in the ecosystem, as well as their implications for Coinbase
- Support sourcing and diligence of early stage cryptocurrency companies for Coinbase Ventures across multiple verticals
- Help drive Coinbase Ventures investment decisions and manage deal pipeline,
- Support development of the Around the Block newsletter, synthesizing bespoke analysis on the most relevant news and trends in the cryptocurrency industry and distribute across the company and on the Coinbase blog
- Collaborate and promote internal education on key cryptocurrency themes and topics, including through onboarding sessions and training
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 3+ years experience building or working within the cryptocurrency industry; investing experience is a plus
- Demonstrate broad understanding across the crypto landscape, and comfortable to own a vertical within crypto and be the go-to expert on the vertical (ie Defi, NFT/ Metaverse, Infrastructure, or Layer 1/2 Protocols)
- Excellent writing skills and ability to distill complex topics into clear, easy to understand messaging
- Excellent organizational, analytic, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience working with startup management teams and cross-functional execs, including product, engineering, legal, and finance
- BA/BS degree
Nice To Haves
- Experience at top-tier venture capital firm and/or cryptocurrency specific company
- Demonstrated passion and deep understanding of emerging trends within the cryptocurrency industry via participation in web 3.0 or other forms of self-directed learning
- Comfort to own a deal process from source to closing; particularly within early stage companies.
- Experience with cryptocurrency research, analysis, and other types of content
- Engineering experience, preferably in or with blockchains
If interested, please apply here.