Metagrove Ventures is an early-stage investment fund focused on backing early-stage companies across Australia, New Zealand, and the US. We invest in diverse & passionate founders who are looking to disrupt the status quo and create inflection points across industries and markets. Our mission is to help our portfolio companies to set them up to be GLOBAL FROM DAY ONE, by building an innovation bridge between these regions. We deliver support from our growing network of mentors, advisors, strategic partners, and fellow VCs around the world.
As a Venture Partner, you will be responsible for liaising with our existing portfolio companies as well as working with, and sourcing potential companies and their founders. You will play a critical role in evaluating these companies from PMF to GTM. You will also support in developing good relations with new and current Limited Partners and educate them on the fund and our thesis. This is a part-time role (for now) and you will report to the Managing Partner.
Your role is global and will be working with folks between Oceania (ANZ) and the US i.e. Partners, Founders, Advisors, Mentors, etc.
Note: Remuneration will be derived from the Fund’s Carry. We are still actively fundraising and we want to partner with passionate folks who can facilitate our growth in becoming a top-tier global VC firm.
- Evaluate and lead potential investments within the Partner’s area of expertise. Research and write investment memos as needed. Advocate for investments in which the Partner has strong conviction.
- Write thought leadership content for the Steamworks Ventures blog and social media
- Represent Steamworks Ventures at industry events and conferences on the firm’s behalf
- 5+ years of work experience including previous direct investing experience in a relevant discipline, or relevant transaction advisory or consulting experience gained in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking.
- A startup background is highly preferred, as either a founder or operator working across all facets of the business and product lifecycle. We like folks who are multi-disciplinary and have gone through multiple stages of a company’s growth.
- Proven track investment record, which could be as an angel investor or corporate in logistics/transport, sustainability, financial, space, construction, manufacturing, etc.
- Strong communication (written/oral) and interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple team players
- Critical thinking on both micro and macro scales and the ability to cross-reference information with overall industry and economic trends.
- Strong deal pipeline and venture ecosystem relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent prioritization and task management skills.
- Preferred (but optional): any experience both current and previous, working between APAC and the US.
If interested, please apply here.