Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $28.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $2.9B Bio + Health funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like ClickUp, Coinbase, Current, Databricks, Devoted Health, Figma, Greenlight, Loom, OpenSea, Robinhood, Roblox, Stripe, and TripActions. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The a16z Growth Fund, which manages more than $10 billion in assets, is seeking an investing partner to help lead the fund’s investing efforts across Fintech from early growth stage through public companies. We work collaboratively with our colleagues on the Venture Fund, which is an early-stage vehicle focusing on the companies in the Fintech, Consumer, and Enterprise areas.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Develop a sharp investment point of view on categories and companies. Why would we invest in a company? What creates the opportunity for an outsize return in a space? What market technology trends are creating disruptions and therefore investing opportunities? The output here will be the development of market maps and targeted outreach to potential investment opportunities, both within the portfolio and sourced independently
- Lead comprehensive diligence on investment opportunities, including operational and financial diligence. They will provide a comprehensive view of the company’s people, products, technologies, go-to-market plan, competitive position, addressable market and other key drivers relevant to making an investment decision
- Make investment recommendations to the fund’s general partners and engage post-investment in the ongoing management and monitoring of the investment
- Work directly with the other members of the Growth investing team to help ensure the appropriate breadth of coverage and industry expertise
- 2-5 years of experience with financial modeling, diligence, valuation work, supporting/making investment recommendations, working with portfolio companies, calling on senior-level executives in the industry
- Demonstrated interest in the Fintech industry
- Desire to be part of a fast-growing team with the creativity to think out-of-the-box about new opportunities and other ways to develop and grow our business. Must be able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with our early-stage partners, with an ability to self-manage in an unstructured environment
- Genuine intellectual curiosity, the ability to learn new facts and concepts quickly and comprehensively, then explain those facts & concepts to other people succinctly
- Ability to synthesize complex information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it clearly and succinctly to different audiences
- Desire and proven ability to learn new domains and technologies quickly
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
IF interested, please apply here.