Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $28.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $2.9B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Anduril, Databricks, dbt Labs, Figma, Fivetran, GitHub, Material Security, Okta, Orbit, Starburst, and TripActions. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
a16z is seeking to recruit a Deal Partner to join the firm’s Enterprise practice. The successful candidate will work closely with General Partners Kristina Shen, David Ulevitch and Martin Casado in driving all aspects of investments, including defining segments of interest, sourcing investment opportunities, due diligence; specifically providing a detailed analysis in picking startups. The successful candidate will play an impactful role in a highly collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. We hire for strengths and superpowers, with a belief that the best teams draw their exceptionalism from these unique, yet complementary, individuals.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships through sourcing and leveraging your network
- Demonstrate passion about the SaaS space; fascinated with the startup ecosystem, new markets, and new ways of doing things
- Display intellectual endurance to discover what others do not
- Synthesize vast amounts of data and resolve what really matters
- Quantitative analysis; observe retention rates and customer cohorts
- Sift through large customer data sets to identify strengths and weaknesses of a startup
- 2-6 years experience in either tech, venture, finance, or consulting.
- Operational experience in tech-related hyper-growths or start-ups preferred
- Angel, scout or start-up investment experience preferred
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven track record to succeed in an ever changing environment
- Conviction in your viewpoints but with a quick feedback loop that allows for rapid resourcefulness
- Intellectually curious with a dedication to go the extra mile
- Collaborative attitude with a team-first approach
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated judgement; record of making winning decisions
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust from others
- You can self-manage and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
If interested, please apply here.