Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $19.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Roblox, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
A16z is seeking to recruit a Deal Partner to join the firm’s Consumer practice team with a focus on the video games industry. The successful candidate will work closely with Partners Andrew Chen and Jonathan Lai in driving all aspects of investments, including defining segments of interest, sourcing investment opportunities, and due diligence. The successful candidate will play an impactful role in a highly collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. We hire for strengths and superpowers, with a belief that the best teams draw their exceptionalism from these unique, yet complementary, individuals.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships
- Demonstrate passion about the video games industry
- Be interested in the startup ecosystem, new markets, and new ways of doing things
- Think strategically about the consumer space broadly with an eye on new trends
- Construct investment arguments and engage in healthy debate with peers
- Display intellectual endurance to discover what others do not
- Synthesize vast amounts of data and resolve what really matters
- Quantitative analysis; observe retention rates and user cohorts
- 4-6+ years of total experience
- 2+ years in an operational role in the games industry, preferably at a high-growth company or start-up
- 2+ years in investment banking or management consulting
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven track record to succeed in an ever changing environment
- Conviction in your viewpoints but with the ability to think quickly on your feet and adapt to new data and market conditions
- Intellectually curious with a dedication to go the extra mile
- Collaborative attitude with a team-first approach
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound judgement; an instinct for new trends and the companies at the forefront of them
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust from others
- You can self-manage and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
If interested, please apply here.