We’re hiring our first Deal Partner for American Dynamism. The American Dynamism practice invests in founders and companies that support the national interest, including but not limited to aerospace, defense, education, housing, public safety, supply chain, industrials and manufacturing. We believe dynamic companies are founded by mission-driven founders and often transcend verticals and business models in their quest to solve important national problems. These companies view government as a key stakeholder, competitor or customer—and the success of these companies affects the flourishing of all Americans. We believe strongly that these companies exist in all 50 states, as there is no center of gravity for solving America’s biggest problems.
In addition to the details in the posting below, we ask all candidates email Dynamism@a16z.com with answer this question:
What is American Dynamism and what early-stage companies exemplify it?
a16z is seeking to recruit a Partner to join the firm’s American Dynamism practice. The successful candidate will work closely with General Partners Katherine Boyle and David Ulevitch in driving all aspects of investments, including defining segments of interest, sourcing investment opportunities, due diligence; specifically providing a detailed analysis in picking startups. The successful candidate will play an impactful role in a highly collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. We hire for strengths and superpowers, with a belief that the best teams draw their exceptionalism from these unique, yet complementary, individuals.
- 8+ years experience across a career in tech, banking, finance, or consulting
- 5+ years operational experience in consumer tech hyper-growths or start-ups
- 3+ years experience as an Analyst or Associate in banking, finance, or consulting OR a compelling angel/start-up investment portfolio
- Outstanding Analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven track record to succeed in an ever changing environment
- Conviction in your viewpoints but with a quick feedback loop that allows for rapid resourcefulness
- Intellectually curious with a dedication to go the extra mile
- Collaborative attitude with a team-first approach
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated judgment; record of making winning decisions Ability to quickly build rapport and trust from others
- You can self-manage and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
If interested, please apply here.