Support Airbus Ventures in its growth phase by contributing actively to (i) the deal-making practice (scouting, due diligence, execution) and (ii) the management of Portfolio companies (early stage deep tech start-ups)
- Scout and Perform due diligence on early stage deep tech start-ups
- Define Investment Analytical Frameworks related to Investment fields to support investment cases.
- Make compelling investment recommendations to Airbus Ventures Investment Committee
- Structure Investment Syndicate and establish a network of co-investors (globally)
- Realize exit and measure financial performances (Cash-on-cash, IRR)
Portfolio Management: 50%
- Ensure post-investment follow-up and monitoring of Portfolio Companies (KPI, Ratios, Cash Management)
- Facilitate collaboration between Portfolio Companies and Airbus Ventures’ parent company Airbus
- Assess need for re-financing and build equity stories with Portfolio Companies’ CEO
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- MBA or combination of Engineering and Financial education and experience.
- 10+ years in the either Aerospace or Venture Capital Industry / Investment Banking / Start-Up Environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Experience with strategy development and demonstrated ability to drive achievement of strategic and financial business goals.
- Ability to assess and analyze business and financial impact of proposed initiatives and recommend appropriate action.
- Ability to manage cross-functional project teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead competitor and industry research to support business strategies, leveraging both public and non-public sources; expertise to provide strategic insight on current and emerging trends in the industry.
- Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Venture Capital investment and/or investment banking focusing on scouting or investing in US technology companies
- Presentation / pitching capability
- Autonomy / Agility / Start-Up mindset
- Team Spirit
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural business environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence all levels of management cross-functionally and externally; ability to make things happen quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.
- Excellent analytical, project, and process management skills.
- Excellent engagement, partnership, and relationship building skills ability to lead and motivate others
- Strong organizational skills ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills ability to interact with and influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Excellent end-to-end problem solving skills ability to diagnose complex problems, determine key findings and opportunities, prioritize strategic solutions, and present clear and comprehensive recommendations
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, including financial modeling and business case development
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Strong written and verbal presentation skills ability to communicate effectively and confidently
- Proficient in English, ideally also in French and/or German and/or Spanish
- At least 30% Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Draft comprehensive Investment recommendations (IC memos) to Airbus Ventures Investment Committee
- Operate with High degree of autonomy to follow portfolio companies and connect them to relevant stakeholders (Airbus, Regulator, Customers, Partners…)
- Evolve in a Global environment (US, Asia, Europe) to leverage team expertise and experience.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Expected to lead 3 to 5 deals (~10mUSD to deploy) per year from tech scouting to post-investment monitoring.
- Support the growth of 5 to 10 portfolio start-ups
Nature of Contacts:
Involved, negotiation type communication on a daily basis with internal and external parties
Candidate should be comfortable working on computers for extended periods of time in an office environment, and able to travel independently.
Equal Opportunity: Airbus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocat10ion assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
If interested, please apply here.