Support Airbus Ventures in its growth phase by contributing actively to (i) the deal-making practice (scouting, due diligence, execution) and (ii) the management of Portfolio companies (early stage deep tech start-ups)
Deal Making: 50%
- Scout and Perform due diligence on early stage deep tech start-ups
- Define Investment Analytical Frameworks related to Investment fields to support investment cases.
- Make compelling investment recommendations to Airbus Ventures Investment Committee
- Structure Investment Syndicate and establish a network of co-investors (globally)
- Realize exit and measure financial performances (Cash-on-cash, IRR)
Portfolio Management: 50%
- Ensure post-investment follow-up and monitoring of Portfolio Companies (KPI, Ratios, Cash Management)
- Facilitate collaboration between Portfolio Companies and Airbus Ventures’ parent company Airbus
- Assess need for re-financing and build equity stories with Portfolio Companies’ CEO
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- MBA or combination of Engineering and Financial education and experience.
- 10+ years in the either Aerospace or Venture Capital Industry / Investment Banking / Start-Up Environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Experience with strategy development and demonstrated ability to drive achievement of strategic and financial business goals.
- Ability to assess and analyze business and financial impact of proposed initiatives and recommend appropriate action.
- Ability to manage cross-functional project teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead competitor and industry research to support business strategies, leveraging both public and non-public sources; expertise to provide strategic insight on current and emerging trends in the industry.
- Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Venture Capital investment and/or investment banking focusing on scouting or investing in US technology companies
- Presentation / pitching capability
- Autonomy / Agility / Start-Up mindset
- Team Spirit
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural business environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence all levels of management cross-functionally and externally; ability to make things happen quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.
- Excellent analytical, project, and process management skills.
- Excellent engagement, partnership, and relationship building skills ability to lead and motivate others
- Strong organizational skills ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills ability to interact with and influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Excellent end-to-end problem solving skills ability to diagnose complex problems, determine key findings and opportunities, prioritize strategic solutions, and present clear and comprehensive recommendations
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, including financial modeling and business case development
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Strong written and verbal presentation skills ability to communicate effectively and confidently
- Proficient in English, ideally also in French and/or German and/or Spanish
- At least 30% Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Draft comprehensive Investment recommendations (IC memos) to Airbus Ventures Investment Committee
- Operate with High degree of autonomy to follow portfolio companies and connect them to relevant stakeholders (Airbus, Regulator, Customers, Partners…)
- Evolve in a Global environment (US, Asia, Europe) to leverage team expertise and experience.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Expected to lead 3 to 5 deals (~10mUSD to deploy) per year from tech scouting to post-investment monitoring.
- Support the growth of 5 to 10 portfolio start-ups
If interested, please apply here.