Salesforce, the leading enterprise cloud computing company, is looking for a Manager to join the impact investing team in San Francisco. This team is responsible for the Salesforce Impact Fund, a $50M fund that invests in mission-driven enterprise technology companies in sustainability, education and workforce development, diversity and inclusion solutions, and enabling technology for the social sector. The fund seeks investments with market returns, demonstrable social or environmental impact, and opportunities to grow the Salesforce ecosystem through strategic technology integrations.
The team is tasked with all aspects of deal flow and portfolio management, including: (i) identifying and evaluating investment opportunities; (ii) managing portfolio companies post-investment; (iii) collecting and managing impact metrics. In this position, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to advance an emerging strategy for corporate impact investing. This role will report to the Senior Director of Impact Investing with a dotted line into Salesforce Ventures leadership.
- Monitor, research, and develop market intelligence and investment themes on emerging trends and disruptive companies in the Impact Fund’s four focus areas and enterprise SaaS
- Support pipeline development for potential investments across the Salesforce Impact Fund’s four focus areas
- Contribute to deal memos and deal execution
- Manage process for assessing impact at the time of due diligence and on an ongoing basis
- Actively monitor the investment portfolio through regular check-ins
- Assist in planning programs and events to promote the Salesforce Impact Fund and convene portfolio companies, investors, and others in the ecosystem
- Build presentations for internal senior management as well as external audiences
- 5+ years of work experience
- Direct experience in and passion for social and/or environmental impact (e.g. in an operating role at a social enterprise or impact investing role)
- Experience in finance and/or direct investing
- Prior experience in technology industry
- Ability to evaluate opportunities from multiple perspectives (strategic fit, expected impact, market opportunity, operational capability, business model, financial performance, valuation, etc.)
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high growth organization
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and an ability to communicate succinctly and clearly
- Ability to work well under time pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
If interested, please apply here.