If you want to work for a rapidly growing company that values the work you do, then we want to meet you.
WHO WE ARE:
Plug and Play Tech Center is the largest global technology startup accelerator. With 14 industry specific programs ran annually, we match make startups with corporate leaders, such as Panasonic, Deutsche Bank, Maersk and Mercedes. With over 25 global locations, Plug and Play is searching for new team members to join our growing teams.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re actively seeking a Venture Capital Portfolio Manager to drive portfolio success in Silicon Valley. The Portfolio Manager will work closely with the Plug and Play Ventures team to derive the most value out of our platform for our portfolio companies – whether that’s through facilitating corporate introductions with our 300+ corporate partners, tapping into Plug and Play’s VC network, or even helping our portfolio companies with their hiring needs.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, and demonstrates the ability to work cross-functionally and think strategically about business and startup growth challenges. This person will be responsible for tracking our portfolio companies, analyzing their strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities, and crafting in-depth reports for Ventures Associates and the greater Ventures team.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Define Plug and Play’s portfolio success strategy and process management model
- Track business development opportunities derived from Plug and Play (pilots, PoCs, introductions)
- Provide post-investment support for our portfolio companies
- Measure progress against quarterly/annual growth and engagement goals
- Differentiate Plug and Play from its competitors by designing and implementing new value-add initiatives
- Assist the Ventures team with ad hoc projects and initiatives
- Coordinate events to connect startups with corporate executives that represent prospective customers, partners, and/or investors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of work experience at a startup, accelerator, venture fund or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of cap tables, startup financing, and growth metrics
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots and analysis)
- Proficiency in G Suite, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with startup founders, C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking
- A passion and interest for entrepreneurship is a must
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- Strong desire to learn continually and grow professionally, driven to understand how evolving industries create opportunities for new technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence – proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, startups, venture capital firms, and other industry contacts
If interested, please apply here.