Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATCI) is looking for an Investment Manager to join the Hyundai CRADLE ( http://www.cradleinc.com ) Investment team in Menlo Park, CA. Hyundai CRADLE is the global corporate investment and open innovation organization of Hyundai Motor Group in Silicon Valley.
Hyundai CRADLE is looking to add talented team members who are eager to learn more about future automotive, mobility, and other key strategic areas for Hyundai Motor Group.
You have experience working in venture capital, strategy, and / or startups. You will be part of the team making strategic investments into promising startups and working in collaboration with our colleagues across the company.
- Actively sources new deals for the team by attending industry events, meeting startups, and/or leveraging tech and investor networks
- Documents and tracks relevant startups
- Contributes deal source to overall investment team
- Formulates and iterates on investment thesis based on own research, discussion with internal and external experts, understanding of Hyundai’s strategic needs, etc.
- Conducts due diligence on investment targets
- Due diligence could include product-market fit and competitiveness, business (revenue) model, valuation, potential co-investors, business risks, strategic fit, and post-investment development plan
- Writes investment reports and other presentations (e.g. landscape, investment strategy)
- Able to lead other colleagues in Silicon Valley or other locations (e.g. Korea, Israel, Germany) to write reports for investments and other related opportunities
- Takes responsibility and ownership throughout the investment process and post investment
- Monitors designated portfolio companies post-investment and writes update reports to communicate with internal stakeholders
- Actively works with portfolio companies to help build a positive and constructive relationship with Hyundai teams
- Positively contributes to CRADLE’s culture and work environment
- Must be intellectually curious, able to digest lots of new information quickly and formulate and iterate on a point of view
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to represent Hyundai CRADLE professionally
- Must have prior experience working in teams and be a team player, but also individually motivated to work hard and get things done in a timely manner
- Must have a growth mindset, can quickly adapt to changes, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Travel up to 30% (domestic and international)
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Science, Design, or Economics
7 years of experience in venture capital (VC), corporate venture capital (CVC), investment banking (IB), management consulting, or in a tech company or startup
If interested, please apply here.