The worldwide automobile industry is facing an era of rapid change arising from the emergence of new technologies and new business opportunities. Hyundai is at the forefront of this change! Hyundai Motor Group (HMG) has established a new strategic organization for innovation focusing on AI, future mobility solutions, new energy solutions (EV, hydrogen and beyond, for automotive and other applications), robotics, smart cities, corporate venture capital (CRADLE) and advanced automotive technologies. This organization is creating business strategies, conducting strategic venture investments, partnering with other companies on new ventures, pursuing open innovation, and developing plans to launch future businesses in these emerging segments.
Hyundai CRADLE (Center for Robotic-Augmented Design in Living Experience) is HMGs corporate venturing and open innovation center to develop advanced future automotive technologies and businesses, and is leveraging its Asia, Silicon Valley, Israel and European based offices. To date, Hyundai CRADLE has made strategic investments in nearly 30 companies.
In This Role, You Will
Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATC) is looking for an Open Innovation Project Manager to join the Hyundai CRADLE team in Menlo Park, CA. You would work in collaboration with the Strategy & Technology Division (STD) of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC).
- Report to Strategy and Technology Open Innovation Manager who oversees open innovation projects
- Also work on pre-investment evaluation projects, working closely with investment managers, as well as work on strategy projects initiated by the head of CRADLE
- Participate/Manage post-investment Open Innovation projects that are proof-of-concept or pilot projects, working with outsourced engineers and startups partners, as well as teams in HQ to conduct the daily tasks for the project and prove strategic values from portfolio companies
- Participate/Manage pre-investment Evaluation Projects to evaluate technology of potential investment targets and support an investment thesis with validation or verification
- Participate/Manage Strategy & Business Development Projects that produces strategic insights and/or future business opportunities, working often with external consulting/research firm, affiliate organizations in US and stakeholders from HQ
- Lead/Participate market/technology trend intelligence analysis to create and publish CRADLEs intelligence reports
- Leverage assessment of CRADLEs portfolio gaps to develop new concept opportunities for future investments or internal development.
- Proactively identify, propose, and plan projects to explore new business model and technical competencies relative to HMGs current core technology and business practices.
- Travel 30% domestic and international
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Business; (Masters Degree preferred)
- 3 years of business development or research & development experience
- Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record.
- Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor
If interested, please apply here.