The worldwide automobile industry is facing an era of rapid change arising from the emergence of new technologies and new business opportunities. Hyundai is at the forefront of this change! Hyundai Motor Group (HMG) has established a new strategic organization for innovation focusing on AI, future mobility solutions, new energy solutions (EV, hydrogen and beyond, for automotive and other applications), robotics, smart cities, and advanced automotive technologies. This organization is creating business strategies, conducting strategic venture investments, partnering with other companies on new ventures, pursuing open innovation, and developing plans to launch future businesses in these emerging segments. To date, HMG has made strategic investments in over 30 startups globally.
CRADLE (Center for Robotic-Augmented Design in Living Experience) is HMGs corporate venturing and open innovation, and special projects centers to develop advanced future automotive technologies and businesses. There are offices in Beijing, Silicon Valley, Tel Aviv, and Berlin.
Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATCI) is looking for an Investment Manager to join the Hyundai CRADLE (www.cradleinc.com) Investment team in Menlo Park, CA. Searching for talented team members who are eager to learn more about future automotive, mobility, and other key strategic areas for Hyundai Motor Group. You will be part of the team making strategic investments into promising startups and working in collaboration with our colleagues across the company.
- Actively sources new deals for the team by attending industry events, meeting startups, and/or leveraging tech,investor and academic networks
- Documents and tracks relevant startups
- Contributes deal source to overall investment team
- Formulates and iterates on investment thesis based on own research, discussion with internal and external experts, understanding of Hyundais strategic needs, etc.
- Conducts due diligence on investment targets
- Due diligence could include technology, product-market fit and competitiveness, business (revenue) model, valuation, potential co-investors, business risks, strategic fit, intellectual property and post-investment development plan
- Writes investment reports and other presentations (e.g. landscape, investment strategy)
- Able to lead other colleagues in Silicon Valley or other locations (e.g. Korea, Israel, Germany) to write reports for investments and other related opportunities
- Takes responsibility and ownership throughout the investment process and post investment
- Monitors designated portfolio companies post-investment and writes update reports to communicate with internal stakeholders
- Actively works with portfolio companies to help build a positive and constructive relationship with Hyundai teams
- Positively contributes to CRADLEs culture and work environment
- Intellectually curious, able to digest lots of new information quickly and formulate and iterate on a point of view
- Strong oral and written communication skills and be able to represent Hyundai CRADLE professionally
- Prior experience working in teams and be a team player, but also individually motivated to work hard and get things done in a timely manner
- Must have a growth mindset, can quickly adapt to changes, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Travel up to 30% (domestic and international)
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Science, Design, or Economics
7 years of experience in venture capital (VC), corporate venture capital (CVC), investment banking (IB), management consulting, or in a tech company or startup
Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record.
Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor
Masters or PhD in an engineering or computer science field or Masters of Business Administration
Keyword: Startup, Management Consulting
IF interested, please apply here.