The Innovation Lab, San Francisco is focused on working with lead users, in market, to develop compelling new concepts and the required technology to support testing, data collection and analysis in market.
S/he will work with partners on the leading edge of mobility and technology trends to inform Goodyear’s strategy and test/learn how to position Goodyear’s solutions for the future.
This new role will:
- Lead the development of relevant new innovation platforms, value propositions and business models to supply a continuous flow of highly differentiating product, process and/or service concepts that provide top line growth opportunities for Goodyear.
- Lead the development of minimum viable prototypes to test key assumptions with consumers, value propositions, technical feasibility, and profit models.
- Support technology project leaders in developing new concepts.
- Develop vendors & partners to successfully use 3rd party resources and technology to enable new concepts and business model innovation.
- Develop, test and leads project team in design of research, lean startup methodology, and innovation management techniques.
- Lead project teams to develop business models for new revenue streams. Identify key unknowns in the business model & perform “lean start-up” based experiments with target consumers to learn about the unknowns.
- Lead project team to uncover user needs and potential opportunities; guide project team building minimum viable prototypes to validate new concepts & arrive at compelling value propositions for end users.
- Analyze profitability of businesses in incubation & recommend key actions to meet goals of incubated businesses.
- Manage business trials with Goodyear customers to demonstrate value created by the new concepts in real world settings & iterate towards the final solution.
- Consult technology project leaders on ways to accelerate market penetration by identifying the best ecosystem for new technologies & working with ecosystem partners to address key open questions.
Required Education and Experience
- MBA/MS/MD’s degree in engineering, marketing, economics, or social science required.
- PhD desired.
- 7+ years of experience in leading innovation in organizations or equivalent entrepreneurial experiences
- Experience in exploring new market opportunities either as an entrepreneur or within an organization
- Experience in gathering funding for new ideas (angel, venture capital or corporate venture funds)
- Experience in directly handling customers/users in one-on-one settings & handling highly uncertain & ambiguous projects
- Experience with quick, highly iterative market experimentation, whether to gain user insight, validate new concepts or profit
Skills and Abilities
- Strong cross functional leadership skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to translate customer needs to technology solutions by working with technology experts, to take risks & model their impact on financials, and to structure & run quick experiments based on minimum viable prototypes
- Ability to identify opportunities by making sense of complex systems
About The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Engineer, Supply, R&D Engineer, Project Manager, Venture Capital, Engineering, Operations, Technology, Finance
If interested, please apply here.