Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company through our Team Anywhere program ( read more here ).
Atlassian is seeking a Director for Atlassian Ventures, who will lead a significant number of venture investments in the enterprise SaaS space. As a founding member on the ventures team, you will work with product and business leaders across Atlassian to identify and evaluate important strategic opportunities in Atlassian’s 3 core markets and to support our cloud customers ( learn more here ). Be prepared for rapid growth, we will scale our portfolio several times over in coming years.
You will develop the insights, analysis, and storytelling that our executive team needs to drive our future strategy through the Atlassian ecosystem. Not only will you frame out key areas of interest and help execute against that vision, but you will also develop a long-term perspective of the Atlassian of twenty years from today…and have a viewpoint on how we can get there.
This is an awesome opportunity to join a small team and build from the ground up. We’re at 30+ investments today and >$110m in deployed capital. Help us build a community several times larger and transform our ecosystem in service of realizing our mission, to unleash the potential of every team.
What you bring to the table…
- Capability to create a compelling shared vision through strategic thinking, dot-connecting, story-telling, and a passion to partner with cross-functional R&D and GTM leaders.
- An investor’s mindset – structured problem solving & communications; deep curiosity and passion for learning; a bias to autonomous action without needing to ask for permission; strong financial & business analysis experience.
- Team player & builder – no ego, get $#!T done mentality, excited to wear many hats and be part of a gritty, high performance, values-aligned team. Positive energy & team mindset (we’re Atlassian).
- Project Management – you can manage projects from end to end and drive to outcomes with little to no oversight.
- Relationships matter – develop and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external parties – founders & CEOs, bankers, venture capitalists, industry thought leaders, and Atlassian’s across every level and function — in order to become a trusted advisor and visible leader in service of Atlassian’s company strategy.
- 10+ years of relevant experience across two areas:
- Investment experience – leading investment decisions & allocations. Preferably in venture capital; sufficient in public buy-side and/or private equity. AND
- Technology Operating experience – in corp dev, product management, biz ops, strategy, or finance.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, ideally with an opinionated perspective on the enterprise software space. Strong quantitative and valuation skills (DCF analysis, comps, etc), as well as demonstrable analytical thinking.
- Experience in enterprise SaaS and software technology industries. Also excited by consumer technology @ scale.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- A passion for learning about new companies and technologies.
Our Perks & Benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .
If interested, please apply here.