G2 Venture Partners invests in exceptional teams applying emerging technologies to traditional industries, sustainably. The fund focuses on innovation in the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, logistics, and retail sectors, with investment stages ranging from venture to growth. Our portfolio includes Luminar (NASDAQ: LAZR, LiDAR for autonomous vehicles), Proterra (NASDAQ: PTRA, electric buses and powertrains), Arcadia (digital clean-energy utility), Seegrid (autonomous electric forklifts and tuggers), and ProducePay (digitizing the fresh produce supply chain).
We are actively hiring to grow our team. Our Investors are involved in every step of our investment processes, including industry deep-dives (mapping new industry sub-sectors and identifying areas of potential value), detailed diligence for targeted investments, and portfolio work post-investment. Our internship program allows us to get to know you and vice versa for a potential future full-time Investor role.
- Internship (10-12 weeks)
- Full-time Investor (flexible start date)
LOCATION: Our office is in the Bay Area (specifically, Portola Valley). Interns must be based in California or New York, but can work remotely. Full-time employees must be based in the Bay Area (we currently have a hybrid work model).
QUALIFICATIONS: We are looking for candidates who have:
- At least three years of work experience requiring critical analysis of business models and financial projections. Investing, banking, or consulting experience preferred.
- Established record as a curious “self-starter”.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent analytical reasoning, and an ability to present complex ideas and information in simple persuasive form, both written and orally.
- Genuine passion for investing, the entrepreneurial process, and sustainability.
- Desire to be a connector / develop a robust network, and work in a collaborative trust-based team environment.
- Professional and personal maturity that demonstrate unquestionable integrity and sound business instincts.
- MBA or graduate level academic work preferred.
PROCESS: To express an interest in working with us, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis. In your cover letter, please indicate emerging technology areas of interest, and potential areas within the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, logistics, or retail industries that you believe represent the largest potential opportunities for new investments (as specific as possible). Please also note which position(s) you are interested in.