First Round is a seed-stage venture capital firm on a mission to build and serve the world’s strongest community of entrepreneurs. Uber, Roblox, Square, and Notion are some of the companies we’ve been fortunate to partner with — and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an Investor who is excited to invest in the next generation of startups focused on data, developer tools, and machine-learning.
Your Core Role As An Investor Will Include
- Helping us to source, evaluate, and win investments in technical companies focused on data, developer tools, and machine learning.
- Working closely with the rest of the First Round team to educate us on and round out our understanding of cutting-edge trends in these areas.
- Partnering with the founders of our community companies to help drive strategic initiatives through working sessions and board meetings.
You could be a great Investor at First Round if:
- You are passionate about technology and startups broadly, and engineering, data science, and machine learning specifically.
- You are product-oriented. You don’t need to be a PM, but you can solve problems with a product lens and help us nail the different ‘jobs to be done’ for early-stage founders.
- You have startup experience. You’ve worked at fast-growing startups helping to build and scale impactful products.
- We serve entrepreneurs. We owe them our unvarnished opinion and unwavering support.
- We honor quality. The little things matter. High standards and attention to the craft are valued here.
- We favor action and think long-term. We decide and execute with urgency today. We define success with the long-term in mind.
- We cherish diversity and inclusion. The strongest communities around the world are diverse and inclusive. We work hard to make sure ours is, too.
- We do things our own way. We choose to be original and find unique, creative solutions to our biggest problems.
- We have fun. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
If interested, please apply here.