We are looking for an extraordinary individual who has the drive and skills to identify the right companies and make investments and strategic collaborations.
The Venture Capital Associate Intern at Volvo Group Venture Capital works with the processes related to corporate ventures business, including marketing, scouting and investments. This position plays an important role to support the local activities in Silicon Valley. Close interaction with the Volvo Group companies are expected to learn how partnerships are developed and how to enable new businesses for Volvo Group. The Venture Capital Associate Intern will report to Volvo Group Venture Capital’s North America representative.
Are you passionate about investments, technology and the commercial transport industry? Do you want to get inspired? Invest in yourself and come and join a winning team!
About Volvo Group Venture Capital AB
With us at Volvo Group Venture Capital you will find a hardworking and driven group of people who love their work and bringing our business forward. We believe that passion and engagement is the best recipe for success and wants to share this with you. The role of Volvo Group Venture Capital is to identify and drive investments with innovative companies at the forefront of service orientation and product differentiation. Our focus is on areas with disruptive innovation resulting in new solutions improving the profitability of our customers and enabling new business opportunities for Volvo Group. Volvo Group Venture Capital is part of Connected Solutions which lead the development of the Company’s connected services and solutions.
- The summer internship period starts June and ends August, but exact dates are flexible based on your school year calendar.
- Synthetize technology and business model trends into actionable insights
- Identify and analyze potential investments in our selected focus areas
- Design investment strategies and recommend investments
- Develop new business – together with the investment team and innovation lab in Mountain View
- Experience Required
- Equity investments and partnerships. You have experience in investments and related partnership activities
- Development of business in the commercial transport and automotive industry. You have an interest in the intersection between technology, transportation and new business
- Fact-based and structured analysis. We expect strong structured problem-solving skills and the ability to frame and develop an approach to solve strategic or operational issues
- Inspire & Communicate. You are a social person with strong relationship and networked capabilities and enjoy working with others in flexible team constellations
- Mobile and Software-based Business Model Understanding. Our investment strategy revolves around new opportunities arising from the convergence of mobile and software industries with the commercial vehicle industry
- Required Competencies
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Effective relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyze information skillfully
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions
- The successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and great persona in combination with a strong track record.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Master’s degree or MBA at an accredited school.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Connected Solutions is a global organization that develops and delivers the Volvo Group’s connected solutions. Connected Solutions provide an arena for new service innovation together with customers, partners and all the Business Areas within the Volvo Group. By supporting our customers to improve their business we enable new business opportunities for the Volvo Group. Our way of working shortens time to market for connected services and solutions. We work close to our customers and understand their challenges. We deliver high quality with speed, through our capability to explore, implement and scale up.
If interested, please apply here.