Toyota AI Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm that invests in early-stage startups around the world in the areas of artificial intelligence, cloud, data, autonomy, mobility, and robotics. Founded in 2017, we are Toyota’s first standalone corporate venture capital firm and a subsidiary of the Toyota Research Institute (TRI). Our mission is to discover what’s next for Toyota by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly. Our portfolio includes startups that are developing mobility solutions for air, land, and sea, as well as companies building robotics solutions for consumer and commercial use.
We’d like to add a results-oriented summer intern to assist our team with critical tasks, while gaining valuable experience in the world of venture capital. The ideal candidate is a highly organized teammate willing to learn quickly, take initiative, and make the most of the opportunity. Other qualifications include currently pursuing (or a recent graduate) a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or business administration. Knowledge of the VC/investment world is a plus. We are a small, adaptable team that embraces a culture of acting with integrity, clear communication, and bold thinking. If you’re looking for a challenging but fun opportunity, come join us. This internship is paid, fully remote, and has the opportunity to convert into a full-time role.
- Analyze new investment opportunities and support due diligence
- Research and explore new industries and technologies
- Perform competitive analysis and market research on new potential investments
- Track and log companies using our investment management system
- Option to network and look for new investment opportunities
- Currently studying or recent graduate in computer science, engineering, or MBA.
- Self-motivation to get work done without a lot of oversight
- Ability to consume, analyze, and communicate large amounts of business and technology data very quickly
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce research reports and presentations
- Analytical proficiency in G-Suite is a must. Proficiency in Python and SQL experience is a plus.
- Ability to break big challenges into smaller, more manageable problems
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks on any given day
- Comfortable learning new or unfamiliar skills
- Experience in venture capital, private equity or other investment firm a plus
- Genuine interest in technology and working with entrepreneurs and other venture capitalists
- Maintain professionalism and conﬁdentiality
IF interested, please apply here.