SVB Capital’s fund of funds invests in venture capital funds focusing on the information technology and life sciences industries. SVB Capital’s direct funds invest in early stage companies in the information technology industry. SVB Financial Group’s relationships with hundreds of venture capital firms and thousands of venture-backed companies provide SVB Capital with unparalleled data and information on venture capital firms and their portfolio companies as well as privileged access to leading venture capital firms.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain a unique exposure to the entire venture capital ecosystem from both a fund of fund and direct investing perspective.
This individual will be a member of the Investment Team, working closely with the Associates on the team.
- Provide support of SVB Capital’s investment team in research and due diligence materials for potential investments.
- Tasks may include assisting with benchmarking portfolio funds, preparing comprehensive overviews of venture capital firms and their portfolios, market mapping, drafting investment memoranda and quarterly letters to investors, and projecting portfolio funds, including their underlying portfolio companies. These responsibilities will be paralleled for the direct investments.
The culmination of the internship will include a capstone project that drives value back to our organization. This position offers the opportunity to cultivate analytical skills and gain a comprehensive understanding of the venture industry.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a focus in Finance, Economics, Business, or other quantitative majors
- Passion for and knowledge of venture capital
- A strategic approach, sound business judgment and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- A high level of curiosity, strong discipline and attention to detail
- An excellent understanding of financial statements, financial concepts and financial modeling
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Powerpoint)
- An ability to integrate rapidly and to work effectively in a multicultural team of professionals
- An ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Strong project management and execution skills and an ability to meet challenging deadlines while maintaining a high degree of quality and accuracy
If interested, please apply here.