SK group, a fully diversified company, is one of Korea’s top business organizations and a leader in the global marketplace with revenues of $122 billion(FY 2016). We are comprised of 86 affiliate companies and 82,700 employees around the world who share the SK brand and culture. As part of our globalization efforts, we are actively expanding into the United States.
In this high-impact position, the ideal candidate will offer a unique opportunity to contribute in all parts of the investment and partnership with SK group: from screening potential investments, to leading diligence sessions, to ultimately working closely with SK’s HQ in Seoul to initiate them to proceed. To create success story of SK’s new growth, as enabling facilitator, the robust candidate will actively participate to entire process of networking, sourcing deal flows, building investment thesis, pitching and coordinating a series of follow-up activities.
- Sensing SK Telecom strategic orientation and find sweet spot business based each unit’s growth strategy
- Drive high-profile M&A, growth/late stage investments and partnerships with heavy exposure to senior executives
- Research industry landscape by analyzing strategic & financial business data
- Present findings and recommendations to key decision makers including corporate executives
- Work with the team on project discussions and attend client meetings
- Lead due diligence efforts for new investment opportunities, including conducting expert interviews with industry veterans, partners, & customers; performing return analysis, and drafting investment thesis
- Receive training and on-the-job coaching, and learn about strategic investments/M&A at a global corporation
- Currently pursuing MBA with expected graduation in Summer 2020
- 3+ years of pre-MBA work experience in management consulting, IB/PEF or corporate development
- Experience analyzing business problems with market research, data, and analysis
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, relationship-management, and leadership capabilities
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management
- Self-motivated, fast-learning, high initiative based on action-oriented attitude
- Superior proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
SK telecom Americas (SKTA) is the venture investment and business development arm of SK Telecom, the largest mobile operator in South Korea. SK telecom also owns SK Hynix, the second largest memory chip maker. SKTA’s core activities include technology incubation (Innopartners), corporate venture investments (CVC) and corporate development. Area of strategic interests spans across a broad spectrum of core technology segments – AI, Communications, Semiconductor, Cloud, Big Data, Blockchain, IoT, Mobility, Cybersecurity, more.