Salesforce Ventures is looking for an MBA summer investing Intern. As Salesforce.com’s strategic venture arm, Salesforce Ventures is focused on creating the world’s largest ecosystem of enterprise cloud companies. Since 2009, the Ventures team has formed partnerships and accelerated the growth of over 280 enterprise software companies, including leading companies such as Box, Docusign, Dropbox, Hubspot, Mulesoft and Twilio.
We are looking for a summer 2019 Intern to support Salesforce Ventures investing activities. The role will give you exposure to the full deal process from initial meetings with entrepreneurs, to market opportunity analysis, business and financial diligence, strategic fit through to deal execution. This role will also provide the opportunity to work alongside Salesforce product and GTM teams to understand product roadmaps and strategy to assess strategic fit and help accelerate the growth of companies post investment. The role will report to a Director on the Salesforce Ventures team.
- Manage the end-to-end investing process for live deals, including initial analysis, strategic fit, diligence, and deal execution.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Salesforce platform, ecosystem, and partners.
- Conduct initial screening of potential investments, evaluating business model, product, and strategic fit.
- Prepare and present deal opportunities to the greater investing team.
- Monitor, research, and develop intelligence on emerging trends and disruptive companies relevant to the Salesforce ecosystem.
Professional Experience / Skills Required
- BA/BS degree, MBA required.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience. Preference for experience investing in the technology sector at a top-tier venture capital fund, private equity fund, investment bank, corporate finance role, or consulting firm.
- Technical background and/or operating experience at a technology company a plus.
- Prior experience in technology industry.
- Outstanding analytical and diligence skills, detail-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Strong business and financial due diligence capabilities.
- Intellectual curiosity about, and understanding of, enterprise technology and enterprise SaaS investing.
- Ability to evaluate opportunities from multiple perspectives (strategic fit, market opportunity, operational capability, business model, financial performance, valuation).
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high-growth organization.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and leadership skills.
If interested, please apply here.