The Roche Venture Fund (RVF) is the Roche corporate venture fund, with CHF750M available for investment. It invests in early stage biotech, diagnostics, and digital-health companies to develop commercially successful, innovative life-science companies. RVF is part of Group Finance and interacts with the Diagnostics and Pharma organizations of Roche and Genentech. Co-located in Basel and South San Francisco, the RVF invests globally with a portfolio of over 35 companies in 10 countries ( http://www.venturefund.roche.com/ ).
Description of position:
The Roche Venture Fund Summer Internship position provides an opportunity to work within a fast-paced and challenging environment as part of a global investment team combining the science and business of biotech.
The Summer Intern will support the Investment Managers and Investment Directors in assessing potential venture investments. He/she is a junior professional who can perform scientific and business diligence of investment opportunities.
This opportunity is based in the South San Francisco office.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Undertaking focused research to assess and prioritize new investment opportunities;
- Supporting the Investment Managers and Directors in aspects of due diligence and in modelling valuation and deal scenarios;
Skills and qualifications needed:
You have a solid scientific education (PhD, MSc, MD) ideally combined with minimum 2 years of work experience in a life-science environment. Further, you have the following skills and/or qualifications:
- Entrepreneurial thinking with strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to interact with senior members of the biotech and life-science community of entrepreneurs, investors, and academics;
- Strong team spirit and excellent communication skills
If interested, please apply here.