Plug and Play is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world. Our vision is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Intern (MBA) to support Plug and Play’s Investment team under our Insurtech vertical. An ideal candidate has a keen interest in Venture Capital, a curiosity and excitement about the Insurtech space, and is able to bring tenacity and energy to a fast paced, high-growth environment.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Undertake guided and independent research to identify new markets and industry sectors, conducting in-depth business analysis to identify new competitive opportunities
- Support Ventures team with sourcing, outreach, and screening of new and relevant startups for our own investments purposes as well as for business development programs (accelerator) aligned to PnP corporate partners’ tech interests
- Generate Investment Memorandums for presentation to PnP’s internal investment committee by performing due diligence on team, market, product/technology, business model, risk factors etc…
- Support Venture team with investment process from origination to execution for new and pro rata opportunities
- Provide event production and logistical support for demo days, selection day, mentor sessions and other events as part of the accelerator
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field, currently pursuing an MBA from a top-rated university
- 2+ years work experience at a fast scaling startup, accelerator, PE firm, VC fund or Investment bank
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts
- Detail oriented, highly analytical and organized; and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in public speaking
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A passion for entrepreneurship is a must and startup experience a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Opportunities to meet incredible entrepreneurs and industry leaders from around the world
- On-site cafeteria with meal cards
- Fast growing team with full time opportunities once the internship is completed
If interested, please apply here.