At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
The Ventures Intern will report to the Investment Partner of PayPal Ventures. Intern will Involved in helping the team source deals for the investment team as well as investigate and research areas where we should be exploring and helping identify investment targets. Assist the operating team in the diligence process on potential portfolio companies as well as helping manage our current portfolio and their requirements. Assist in creating our Quarterly Ventures report that is shared with the executive at PayPal. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about corporate Venture Capital within a successful and very active team.
- Currently working towards an MBA degree program or related majors
- 2+ years of investment banking, venture capital / private equity, consulting or product management experience preferred
- 2 or more years of working at a tech company in a PAM type role with a good sense of tech knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting and key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker and recognizes what is best for the business
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, experience working with executives and a sophisticated and well-connected, worldly businessperson
- Excited about the future of technology, financial services and commerce enablement
- A Team player who is pro-active, assertive, action oriented, anticipates needs, and is highly accountable
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If interested, please apply here.