At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Hewlett Packard Pathfinder is the venture investment and partnership program at Hewlett Packard Enterprise that brings transformative external innovations into our customers’ organizations. We have invested in about 20 companies since 2015 across the cloud, security, analytics, and IoT space.
The Associate Intern will assist the Hewlett Packard Ventures team in evaluating investment opportunities in the high technology areas such as cyber security, storage, big data/ analytics, cloud, AI and IoT. By the end of the internship, the individual will have developed an understanding of due diligence for venture investing in startups, including assessment of technology, markets, competitive dynamics, and management teams. The intern will also gain an appreciation for the strategic return aspect of corporate venture capital. This position has a potential to extend the internship after summer.
The Associate Intern will assist the Investment team on due diligence projects evaluating startups for potential investment.
- Assess the investment landscape for a given sector of companies and technology. This includes determining the performance parameters for products addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, business model innovation, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities
- Carry out secondary research and interview key opinion leaders to gather a well-informed perspective on the segment
- Screen and evaluate all available startups in the given sector and report to senior fund staff on recommendations to pursue specific investments
- Prepare presentations for the investment committee and participate in presentation of content with senior HPE executives as needed
- Carry out due diligence on potential investments, including market research, financial modeling, competitive analysis, and technology assessments
- Bachelor’s degree completed and currently enrollmened in a graduate degree program, such as an MBA, MD or other advanced degree
- Minimum 2 years of work experience related to High Tech in an operating role, venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking, or portfolio management
- Experience in technology, start-ups, or venture capital investing is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping with the ability to translate the results into effective communication tools (presentations)
If interested, please apply here.