The internship will offer exposure across the Empros deal and research team, working directly with the key decisionmakers every day. The team is responsible for identifying, analyzing and monitoring private technology companies across the venture capital landscape, principally focused on growth equity or late-stage investments.
The intern is a true generalist and will be given the opportunity to gain experience working with private technology companies across all verticals and working with a diverse global investor base. They will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the business day-to-day and can expect to work on a number of assignments at one time. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, an intern is therefore expected to assume important and integral roles at the firm during his tenure.
Analysts will work on a wide range of transactions including technology private placements, secondary transactions, investments, and convertible debt structures.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring of portfolio company and venture capital universe (involves financial modelling & analysis, and market research)
- Providing weekly updates on market outlook and relevant deal flow
- Updating relevant research data sets and investment templates
- Assisting with analysis of new investment opportunities and, development of marketing presentations
- Organize, track, and update all external investor outreach
- Candidate will be assigned an individual project to present at end of internship
- Any candidate should be highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
- Passion for technology and a technical background (majored in engineering, economics, finance, or other relevant quantitative field)
- Strong academic track record
- Analytical and communication skills
- Collaborative team player and selflessness
- Good judgment
- Unbelievable perseverance and stamina
- Prior investment banking internship, technology, or comparable is beneficial
- Strong excel & PowerPoint skills
- Intermediate knowledge of valuation & accounting methodologies
To be considered as a 2019 Summer Analyst, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate
- If currently enrolled, anticipated graduation date: 2020 / 2021
- CV must include expected graduation month/year and grade
If interested, please apply here.