We build game-changing businesses that have a positive impact on our society and the world at large. Our team is led by serial entrepreneurs with proven, full-stage track records of changing the velocity of company trajectories.
DeltaV drives the entire start-up execution process from concept development to initial product build to team formation, investment, launch and scale. We focus on our own ideas, which come from years of direct experience recognizing and executing against large, addressable gaps in the market.
Our model significantly increases the rate of growth and the rate of success of our company investments.
90%+ of early stage businesses fail. To maximize our chances of success, we focus on building teams made up of the best of the best. A team that works together as an All-Star team, not just a team of All-Stars. With limited spots on our roster, we take every hire we make very seriously.
The Commercialization team is a critical pillar in our model which identifies opportunities, shepherds ventures from zero to MVP to early scale and beyond, and builds our methodology to allow us to replicate our successes. Team members thrive in ambiguity and work collaboratively to explore and get to product market fit. The mindset is scrappy, results focused, and customer obsessed where the general conviction is ‘let’s do it at an exceptional level of quality, scalability and repeatability’.
The Commercialization Intern will be a key contributor to the DeltaV team. He or she will take an active role in evaluating potential new opportunity areas, developing our ‘vertical thesis’ for each. They will also contribute to the development of our commercialization methodologies – building on existing startup and venture frameworks and our unique perspective gained from the dozens of startup experiences of our leadership team.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Drive to impact across multiple projects during the internship – hitting structured milestones at fixed delivery dates
- Conduct diligence evaluations on potential investment verticals
- Explore potential technical and business model solutions to consumer frictions within target verticals through expert interviews, market research, and consumer surveys
- Develop ‘pitch’ for business concepts and deliver to our Internal Investment Committee
- Support the articulation and documentation of the DeltaV venturing process – especially our market diligence, idea formation, and portfolio management frameworks
- Pursuing an MBA or related graduate degree at a top tier school with anticipated graduation in 2021 or 2022
- Must be returning to school after the internship
- Pre-MBA experience in startups, technology, management consulting, PE/VC, or investment banking
- Keen strategy mindset – uses a structured approach to tackle problems and drive to the key, actionable insights
- Experience being part of a high-performance team
- Proven track record of success with demonstrated world-class outcomes.
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written); comfortable in executive-level business discussions and decision-making forums.
- Willing to take appropriate risk (have done so and can show it, have experienced failure)
- Agile (have shown impact in high growth, contexts with lack of business model definition)
- Humble and hungry in the face of ambiguity
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do the hard work
- Scrappy and creative in pursuit of a solution
- Be fun to work with
This internship position will be based in the Bay Area (San Francisco & Palo Alto) and will continue virtually as required based on Covid-19 social distancing guidelines issued by state/local governments or our company leadership.
If interested, please apply here.