The investment team at Creative Ventures is hiring an investment team summer associate to spearhead new research initiative as well as participate in strategic projects throughout the investment lifecycle (sourcing, diligence, execution, and portfolio support). The summer associate will glean significant knowledge, experience, and connections across the technology and venture capital industries and will establish a strong foundation for a future career as a technology operator or venture capital investor. This role is ideal for a highly analytical graduate or undergraduate student with a flair for producing polished, well-designed deliverables and comfortable with taking initiative, often amidst significant ambiguity and uncertainty.
The primary output for the internship will be actionable research which the firm can utilize to make investment decisions. The summer associate is tasked with deepening the firm’s understanding of how secular trends are impacting different industries and generating investment opportunities. To do this, it will be necessary to conduct primary research, interview experts, assess technology companies, and develop and test hypotheses around new investment opportunities.
- Conduct market and competitive research; help draft and publish thought leadership
- Screen new investment opportunities and conduct in-depth due diligence (i.e., market sizing exercises, financial statement analysis, reference checks, etc.)
- Complete additional ad-hoc portfolio support projects and initiatives as they arise
- Produce polished, well-designed investment and portfolio support deliverables (i.e., investment memos, conference presentations, portfolio company presentations, etc.)
- Shadow Creative Ventures team at conferences and ecosystem engagements.
- Superior analytical skills and comfort with processing common company deliverables (i.e., pitch presentations, financial statements, engagement metrics, etc.) and conducting primary and secondary research
- A veritable self-starter who can seamlessly operate in a high-autonomy environment
- Exceptional presentation and deliverable design abilities Location:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA (Creative Ventures office)
About Creative Ventures:
Creative Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm that invests into startups using technology to solve significant macroeconomic challenges. Some of our existing investments address the impact of the aging global population, increasing labor shortages worldwide, and the climate change driven resources crisis.
To learn more or apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject ‘Summer Associate’ and include 2-3 sentences describing an investment area or thesis you are excited about.