Creative Ventures is a method-driven venture capital firm. We invest in pre-seed and seed-stage companies taking a market-driven, deep tech approach to tackle the largest global challenges facing society, such as labor shortages, climate change, and rising healthcare costs.
The investment team at Creative Ventures is hiring an investment team summer associate to spearhead new research initiatives, as well as take part in our investment process. This will include deal sourcing, diligence, execution, and portfolio support.
The summer associate will glean significant knowledge, experience, and connections across the technology and venture capital industries. They will establish a strong foundation for a future career as a technology operator or a venture capital investor. Former summer associates have successfully secured investment roles at leading firms subsequent to completing our competitive program.
This role is ideal for a highly analytical graduate or undergraduate student who has a flair for producing polished, well-designed deliverables, and is comfortable taking initiative amongst significant ambiguity and uncertainty
The primary output for the internship will be actionable research which the firm can utilize to make investment decisions. The summer associate will be tasked with deepening the firm’s understanding of how secular trends are impacting different industries and generating investment opportunities. To do this, it will be necessary to conduct primary research, interview experts, assess technology companies, and develop and test hypotheses around new investment opportunities.
- Conduct market and competitive research; help draft and publish thought leadership
- Screen new investment opportunities and conduct in-depth due diligence (i.e., market sizing exercises, financial statement analysis, reference checks, etc.)
- Complete additional ad-hoc portfolio support projects and initiatives as they arise
- Produce polished, well-designed investment and portfolio support deliverables (i.e., investment memos, conference presentations, portfolio company presentations, etc.)
- Shadow Creative Ventures team at conferences and other public/ecosystem engagements.
- Superior analytical skills and comfort with processing common company deliverables (i.e., pitch presentations, financial statements, engagement metrics, etc.) and conducting primary and secondary research
- A veritable self-starter who can seamlessly operate in a high-autonomy environment
- Exceptional presentation and deliverable design abilities
Jack London Square–Oakland, CA.
- Summer internship full-time position
- 2 days per week onsite at Creative Ventures’ office (unless otherwise impacted by ongoing COVID-19 pandemic)
To learn more or apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “[2022 Internship]” as part of your subject line. Additionally, in 2-3 sentences, please describe an investment area or thesis that excites you.