We’re looking for a few passionate self-starting tech enthusiasts to join our team for the summer! Interns will work remotely with the Cowboy Team 6-8 weeks this summer, starting July 13th. At Cowboy Ventures, diversity and inclusion are important core values. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
About Cowboy Ventures
Cowboy Ventures is a seed-stage venture capital firm investing in exceptional founders who are building technology products that re-imagine work and personal life. We work closely with our portfolio founders and companies to help them succeed. We are a small but mighty team of 6 based in Palo Alto, California.
About the Internship
This is an opportunity to get exposure to the ins and outs of venture capital at a world-class boutique venture firm. You’ll work together with the investment team to choose a technology trend(s) to dig into over the summer, as well as help in other areas. Potential areas for deep dives include financial services, distance learning, gig economy infrastructure, digital health, consumer social, security, infrastructure, and data privacy. You’ll research the landscape, key customer pain points, competitive market dynamics, incumbent technologies, emerging technology trends and help identify promising early stage opportunities within that particular sector. In addition, you’ll get the opportunity to help the team with diligence on potential investment opportunities and support existing portfolio companies outside of the sector you’ll be digging into.
- Outstanding work ethic, commitment to excellence, and passion for working on a fast paced, small team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to self-manage and over deliver with very limited oversight (related work experience and tangible examples helpful)
- Passion and some exposure to the tech ecosystem and early-stage startups
- Track record demonstrating strong analytic skills and business judgement. Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations
- Track record of outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail
- Minimum of 2 years full-time work experience
- Ability to commit to full-time (40 hours per week) during the internship
This is a paid position with a target start date of July 13th. The expected commitment is full-time (40 hours per week) working west coast hours. If interested, please apply here.