Founded in 2021, Bright Ventures is an early-stage venture fund that is committed to unlocking creativity and innovation for economic, societal, and technological advancement. We believe that shifts in the way we think, feel, and identify are creating a massive new opportunity to invest in and build the next generation of inclusively-led, stakeholder-focused companies as vibrant, united communities. Our fund supports companies that leverage technology to make more things possible for more people, while focusing on founder wellbeing and scalable systems for inclusive growth.
Our mission at Bright Ventures is to build an inclusive economy. We envision a future that reflects the needs and interests of all of us. We have over a decade of experience in advancing companies and diverse leaders through our coaching, training and community.
Bright Ventures is seeking a passionate and entrepreneurial MBA intern for Spring 2022 to help accelerate our mission to build an inclusive economy through investments in inclusively-led ventures.
A willingness to learn in a fast-paced adaptable environment is a must. This position is remote, but candidates based in New York City or San Francisco would be preferred.
You will work closely with the General Partner and other team members at Bright Ventures. Your responsibilities include:
Industry Research and Deal Sourcing: We want to know what inspires you
- Conduct market research to identify and monitor trends in key industries such as education, finance, health, and future of work technologies
- Take an instinctive eye to the venture landscape to identify new and exciting companies that are creating a more inclusive future for their stakeholders and source investment opportunities that support the tenets of our investment strategy
Deal Screening and Evaluation: We want your opinion
- Review inbound investment pitches/decks and provide sharp and thorough analysis on the merits of the opportunities, including their alignment to Bright Ventures’ strategy
- Operate in all areas of investment due diligence, as needed, to assess the viability of the investment opportunity within Bright Ventures’ parameters
Fund Development: We want to know how you think
- Help develop marketing materials and thematic thought leadership pieces to increase the impact and reach of our voice and strategy
- Assist with communications to potential investors, news organizations, podcasts, and potential portfolio companies
- Provide support to portfolio companies as needed
- Review and refine operational processes within the fund
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is currently pursuing an MBA in the United States, ideally in their second year.
- Exhibits a keen interest in the venture capital industry and can think critically about the various considerations of innovative technology startups, especially those that are values-motivated
- Has at least 2+ years of experience within venture capital, private equity, consulting, technology, marketing, or finance, or has built a skill set that can make compelling arguments with both quantitative and qualitative support
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience crafting and delivering polished, error-proof, narrative-driven presentations
- Is internally motivated to identify problems and seek out solutions with limited information or oversight
- Sets and meets high-achieving goals individually and as part of a team
- Prioritizes responsibilities and consistently delivers high-quality work on schedule
- Dreams of constructing a more inclusive generation of businesses and leaders
Time commitment is estimated 10 to 15 hours per week, but flexible.
If interested in joining us at Bright Ventures, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with subject line MBA Associate Role. We look forward to hearing from you.