B Capital is looking for a Summer Associate Intern who will join us for the upcoming summer. The ideal candidate is a first year MBA student willing to commit 10-12 weeks to a virtual internship. Primary responsibilities will be partnering with colleagues to assist portfolio companies with accessing public and private capital markets, evaluating strategic alternatives, performing financial modeling and analysis, preparing pitch decks, researching prospective late-stage capital partners and intermediaries, and updating firm CRM systems. The individual will work across all four of our primary industry verticals – consumer enablement, financial services/insurance, health/wellness, and industrial/transportation. This requires maturity, flexibility, a willingness to learn, and proven record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Portfolio company support
- Partner with portfolio CEO, CFO and Corporate Development/Strategy leaders to develop models and perform three-statement financial analysis of capital strategies
- Distribute and demonstrate best practices for portfolio company financial operations and performance
- Track cash balances across the portfolio, while championing capital prudence and efficiency
- Assist with introducing, tracking, and progressing portfolio company leadership to key investors and service providers
- Develop portfolio M&A strategy, recommend potential target companies for portfolio company consideration, and produce initial financial model to justify strategy
- Understand and track common SaaS benchmarks and business performance principles
- Proactively expand and extend B Capital’s network across top-tier VC and growth equity investors, service providers, corporate entities, and key intermediaries
- Enhance tracking of key ecosystem partners using internal CRM system
Capital market expertise
- Produce thought pieces on a variety of topics relevant to B Capital and its portfolio of investments (ex: global macroeconomic conditions, private capital market trends, debt vehicles and availability, cash management, fundraising best practices)
- Advise portfolio companies and colleagues on key financial metrics critical for subsequent capital raise activities, including becoming public through a SPAC or IPO process
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate has a passion for macroeconomics and capital markets, and a service-based mindset. They are analytical but balanced with a strong EQ and ability to represent portfolio companies to sophisticated private market investors.
- Current MBA student expecting to graduate in 2023 from a top-tier US based program
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, management consulting, or late stage startup experience in a strategy or corporate development role
- BS/BA degree in a relevant discipline
- Exceptionally strong project management, quantitative, and communication skills
- Highly proactive, detail-oriented, organized and efficient
- Track record of advising senior level executives
- Proficient in building financial statements and models (balance sheet, cash flow statement, cap tables) using Excel, coupled with strong writing abilities
- Inherent understanding of emerging technology and the business implications
- Strong network among mid- to late-stage investors
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital Group is a multi-stage, international investment firm founded in 2015. Investing in companies transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies, B Capital leverages a global team of seasoned experts, as well as its strategic partnership with BCG. The firm helps founders navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at every stage of the startup lifecycle. B Capital invests in enterprise software, consumer enablement, financial services, healthcare, and industrial and transportation companies. The B Capital portfolio includes global, industry-leading companies like Atomwise, Carro, Dailyhunt, Datarobot, Evidation, Icertis, Innovaccer, Ninja Van, Tuhu, and Yalo. For more information, visit bcapgroup.com.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- B Honest & Trustworthy – Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive – Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative – We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold – We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble – We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low ego, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent – When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them. We work hard and play hard.
- B Evolving – We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.
If interested, please apply here.