Atomic’s mission is to fundamentally change the way companies are created, funded, supported and grown.
As a venture fund that founds companies, Atomic prototypes new companies and assemble teams to scale the most promising ideas into independent ventures. Our goal is to build companies that improve the future and create long-lasting businesses that improve work streams, add value to users, and make life more joyful. Our values create a culture of shared success across companies, helping drive collaboration and ideation.
Atomic is hiring for our rotational internship program. This means you’ll apply to the Atomic Intern Program and you’ll spend the summer on either a fund-centric initiative or working for one of our awesome portfolio companies.
Some of the (many) things you may do with us:
- NewCo. Creation. Want to be an entrepreneur? In depth ideating, research, & diligence on new company concepts. This includes primary and secondary research, concept refining using our proprietary methods, and ultimately working on investment memos.
- Operating Generalist. Want to be an entrepreneur? Spend the summer helping a Portfolio Company CEO + team continue to push the concept off the ground and learn a ton in the process. From product, operations, design, business, sales, testing – learn the full gamut.
- Product Marketing + Testing. Interested in Marketing? Join our Founder-in-Residences as they work with the best in class exploration of key concepts. You’ll learn the ropes, manage campaigns, and become familiar with parts of our proprietary company pre-testing methods.
- Strategic Finance. Interested in Corporate Finance? Venture? Join our finance team and see what it’s like to be a strategic financial partner to portfolio company CEO’s, including helping make important product/pricing decisions, doing viability assessments, and thinking through mission-critical tasks.
Who You Are:
- You are insanely driven.
- You are no stranger to ambiguity. Actually… you kinda thrive in it.
- You love challenges and solving problems.
- You are currently an undergrad or graduate student at a top tier university.
- You are a learner, not a knower.
What You’ll Get:
- An experience of a lifetime being in the heart of Silicon Valley’s first premier Venture Studio.
- You’ll learn how to assess ideas, grow ideas, test concepts, and ultimately become intimately familiar with the process.
- A tight cohort of fellow interns going through similar experiences. Who knows… you may even start companies together one day.
- Complimentary accommodation in a Bungalow residence.
- 12-weeks of awesomeness.
Since this is a competitive position, we are only going to be accepting a handful of interns this summer. Once you are accepted, you will find out where you are assigned (The Atomic Fund, with an FIR, with a Portfolio Company) a few weeks before your internship starts. Of course we will do our best to take your preference into account!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If interested, please apply here.