Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $28.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $2.9B Bio + Health funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial process. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies to impact and change the world.
Cultural Leadership Fund (CLF) is excited to welcome an intern to support the efficient operations and growth of our fund in Summer 2022. This role will support the team with key strategic projects over the course of 4 months and wrap with a Capstone project that represents a major milestone and mission for CLF.
- Ecosystem NGO Partners
- You will research, develop criteria, meet/interview potential long-term NGO partners to be selected as the 2022 CLF Ecosystem Donation Partners.
- You will have the opportunity to attend the CLF Summit in 2022 and participate in developing the CLF NGO ecosystem engagement plan.
- CLF DAO
- You will research and develop the first iteration of the CLF DAO to be launched at the CLF Summit 2022.
- Cultivate a 10-20 person DAO active community of Black cultural leaders, professionals, tech innovators, builders, thinkers, leaders, and enthusiasts.
- You will have the opportunity to attend the 2022 CLF Summit and participate in developing the CLF DAO ecosystem.
- Provide cross-functional support to the CLF team, including shadowing and supporting our CLF agency partners.
- Support CLF external engagement, including events, social media, and newsletters.
- Graduate Student
- Comfortable with project managing, prioritizing, and galvanizing cross-functional partners
- Ability to assess what’s happening and how to thoughtfully and effectively communicate within it
- Self-starter, creative problem solver, and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communicator with genuine excitement for bringing people together
- Investigate new platforms and identify opportunities for growth.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
IF interested, please apply here.