Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The New Product Experimentation team’s mission is to build products that matter to the world. We are an organization of passionate and talented builders but we believe our community of mission aligned builders extends beyond Facebook’s walls. Early stage startups have always been a source of new product innovation and novel ideas, and we want to find ways to support their ability to create products that will shape the future.
The New Product Experimentation team is hiring a Head of Investments to design, build, and run multiple new programs to support founders and early stage teams along their entrepreneurial journey. In this role, you will manage a multi million dollar fund that invests in leading private companies alongside top venture capital firms and angel investors. You will develop investment and impact theses, lead the execution of new investments, and support existing portfolio companies as needed. You will also regularly collaborate with incubators, accelerator, competitions, and other startup programs to support entrepreneurship around the world.
This role is for a highly experienced investment professionals with demonstrated experience sourcing, diligencing, negotiating, and executing venture capital investments as well as closely collaborating with other investment professionals. The successful candidate will be excited to leverage their honed investment skills, proven product expertise, and all around startup industry expertise to further Facebook’s understanding of global entrepreneurial innovation.
- Develop well researched, clear, and opinionated investment thesis on key startup sectors relevant to Facebook including social media, communications, digital media, ecommerce, marketplace, healthcare, financial services, and more. Ensure this investment thesis is aligned with Facebook’s mission based on regular input from key Facebook leaders across the company.
- Create a scalable investment program for investing in early stage startups around the world. Manage the deployment of investment capital from a multi million dollar fund.
- Develop strategic relationships with the entire investment community (including venture capital firms, angel investors, strategic investors, incubators, etc.), portfolio companies, and external entrepreneurs alike.
- Plan and execute proprietary networking events to harness the power of our network.
- Publish quarterly LP updates to Facebook including investment highlights, industry trends, sector analysis, and program performance.
- Manage all cross-functional relationship, particularly operating relationships in legal and accounting, and strategic relationships with Facebook product leaders.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (Up to 25%).
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the technology industry (including product, engineering, design, business development, partnerships, or strategy), with at least 5+ years of that doing investing work in early stage consumer startups
- Analytical and problem solving skills, as well as demonstrated business and investment judgment
- Demonstrated experience with ambiguity, flexibility and resilience, as well as experience thriving in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Communication skills, and experience interfacing with C-level entrepreneurs and fellow investors
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If interested, please apply here.