We’re looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world.
Newchip is a global virtual startup accelerator with a goal of providing world changing early stage startups with the tools, skills, and mentorship and networks necessary to successfully raise, build, and scale their businesses to eventual acquisition.
-We’re a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we’re looking for the next member of our team.
-We’ve helped fund over $100M into companies and are looking for entrepreneurial oriented individuals who are in it for the long-haul to truly help startups and create investment returns to our investors.
-If you’re looking to make a difference, we’re here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality.
Mission Statement: We deliver results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors everywhere.
That being said, we’re a 100% personal meritocracy so before we move forward do you fit our core company values?
- Personal Integrity – We take ownership for our responsibilities and do what we say we will do no matter what.
- Humble & Coachable – We have respect for authority and experience, but also a hunger for constant feedback.
- Self Motivation – We strive to learn, grow, and constantly improve ourselves so that we can contribute to the team.
- Gritty Resolve – We face down all adversity, we take all criticism, and we get knocked down, but we always get back up.
- Passionately Ambitious – We put everything into our work because accomplishing the team goal, equals personal success.
Our Venture Partner Fellowship is a part-time general partner in training role that will empower and equip you to contribute to the fund in a significant way remotely par-time throughout the fellowship.
As a Venture Partner, you will be responsible for assisting in the following activities: Fundraising (Portfolio and Fund), Partner and Co-Investor Development, Startup Coaching & Mentoring (Accelerator), and Dealflow Sourcing.
You role long-term will be focused on recruiting companies into the accelerator and fund, startup founder development, coaching, leading and managing investments, and establishing a strong culture and vision for our portfolio companies. The area of responsibility for this role is wide and requires thorough knowledge of various startup processes, industries, markets, fields, and skill-sets from both a strategic and execution standpoint and our ideal candidates are previous Founder’s/CEO’s.
You must at a core be an excellent leader who can recruit, coach, and build up other leaders. You will work with founders and their teams to develop processes, and externally with investment partners to help founders grow and close their rounds. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience in senior leadership roles and/or as a founder yourself, because ultimately, you will find and “build up” great startups, invest in them, and help lead them to acquisition post-investment.
Over time, your success will be measured by 4 key metrics in this order:
1. Your ability to assist in fundraising capital to deploy in the fund to startups.
2. Your ability to bring on additional partners and co-investors for portfolio co’s.
3. Your ability to coach, train, and mentor our startups and investments to success.
4. Your ability to recruit and source deal-flow from your network and region.
You will be required to be an excellent manager, team builder, teacher, recruiter, communicator, firefighter, and issue resolver as your work will contribute to building a foundation for startup success in our portfolio for years to come. This Fellowship is a 1-2 year fellowship program with the goal of full-time hire at our fund or another fund after completion.
Culture Fit Requirements:
1. A compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world – remember that experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will lead to success via sheer mental fortitude.
2. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, are humble and have a trainable mentality, and able to learn on the job – we’re looking for partners that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place on our team.
3. Hyper-organized, resourceful, and truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the vision- able to proactively reach out for guidance, offer and receive guidance from your fellow team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
Part-Time & Remote Work:
You may work out of our offices in Austin, TX, however we are preferentially looking for this role as a remote role to increase our access additional markets/regions. Your initial title will be Venture Partner Fellow. As a part-time fellow, you will be responsible for your own medical benefits, taxes, office, and other expenses, unless deemed expense-able otherwise or approved for full-time. There is the opportunity for a full time role for top fellows after 12 months.
Full Time & Limited Partner Requirements:
Full time roles require a minimum investment stake in the fund, with a minimum investment up front, and the remaining as part of a capital call structure as delineated in the PPM and LP agreement over 3 years. Note that this LP investment is separate from any role or responsibility and is simply skin in the game alongside our full-time General Partners.
- Achieve agreed upon personal and fund targets, quotas, and outcomes within schedule
- Reach out to prospect investment leads through email, LinkedIn, events, conferences, and calls
- Qualify leads, research accounts, and generate, or follow through fund investment leads
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business, partner, and portfolio relationships
- Analyze startup market potential, track portfolio growth, and cohort status reports
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends in the market for startups and venture
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management and team to grow
- Build reports on portfolio needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and investment potential
- 5+ years of direct entrepreneur and startup experience; or 5+ years of experience from investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or angel investing (preference to exited entrepreneurs and angels with successful portfolios)
- Ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone, anywhere
- Ability to google, learn independently, and solve roadblocks without handholding
- Personality type that talks to people on elevators and “owns” networking events
- Deep understanding of the startup processes, businesses, and their dynamics
- Proven track record in selling, communication, and expert negotiation skills
- A commitment to excellent “service” to deliver quality mentorship and coaching
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in closing deals
- Excellent time management and organizational skills- not just personally but as a leader
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills, openness to feedback, and ability to grow
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment whether in-house or remote
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Linkedin Navigator, CRM Tools, GDrive
- Preferred experience in basic automation and CRM’s like Close.io, Pipedrive, Salesforce, etc
- Part-Time Role. As a contractor of the company, you will be responsible for your own medical benefits, taxes, office, and other expenses, unless deemed expense-able otherwise.
- Conference and travel expense reimbursements (subject to prior approval)
If interested, please apply here.