The Director Visa Ventures team role will encompass the full range of corporate venture activity including: executing investments, negotiating terms, leading due diligence, sourcing investments, and establishing strong relationships with senior Visa stakeholders as well as external ecosystem partners.
- Work with the Visa Ventures team and senior Visa stakeholders to define strategic investment priority areas supporting Visa’s Product, Functional and Regional business units.
- Cultivate relationships with fintech VCs and other ecosystem partners to help identify and source investment opportunities aligned with Visa stakeholder strategic priorities.
- Coordinate with Partnerships teams to ensure alignment between investment and commercial partnership agreements.
- Lead and coordinate due diligence efforts across several domains including technical, business and legal diligence.
- Develop and prepare investment materials for the Investment Committee that outline the strategic benefits of investment, commercial partnership terms, investment terms, and other relevant information for potential investments.
- Lead or co-lead all aspects of equity investment transactions including sourcing, due diligence, strategic analysis, financial analysis and modeling, deal structuring, deal negotiation and deal documentation review.
- Monitor operational and financial performance of assigned portfolio companies; facilitate quarterly performance analysis for individual companies and full investment portfolio.
- Proactively work with portfolio companies and Visa stakeholders to execute on partnership and growth strategies.
- Ensure rigorous adherence to Visa and external reporting and Compliance requirements. Support application of risk control and accounting reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop skills and career trajectory of junior investment team members.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university and 7+ years of relevant work experience in financial services and related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in at least two of the following roles: Investment Banking, Corporate Development, Venture Capital, Private Equity, or Corporate Venture Capital.
- Strong network of contacts in the fintech venture capital industry. Willingness to establish additional contacts thru industry networking.
- Experience leading deal due diligence processes and managing teams of functional contributors thru diligence processes.
- Superior financial modeling skills and acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including preparation of investment memos and analysis
- Deal negotiation experience.
- Must be willing to travel 35% of time.
Other Desired Attributes
- MBA from a top tier program preferred but not required.
- Strong financial reporting and accounting background.
- Prior experience in the fintech, payments and/or credit card industries.
- Strong PowerPoint skills.
- Team management experience
If interested, please apply here.