As a Director on the Visa Ventures team, this role will encompass a broad range of corporate venture activity including: executing investments, conducting due diligence, sourcing investments, and working to establish relationships with senior Visa stakeholders as well as external ecosystem partners.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- MBA and 7+ years of relevant work experience in financial services and related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in at least two of the following roles: Investment Banking, Corporate Development, Venture Capital, Private Equity, or Corporate Venture Capital.
- Strong network of contacts in the fintech venture capital industry. Willingness to establish additional contacts thru industry networking.
- Prior experience in the fintech, payments and/or credit card industries.
- Experience leading deal due diligence processes and managing teams of functional contributors thru diligence processes.
- Superior financial modeling skills and acumen.
- Strong financial reporting and accounting background.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including preparation of investment memos and analysis
- Deal negotiation experience.
- Strong PowerPoint skills.
- Team management experience.
- Work with the Visa Ventures team and senior Visa stakeholders to define strategic investment priority areas supporting Visa’s Product, Functional and Regional business units.
- Cultivate relationships with fintech VCs and other ecosystem partners to help identify and source investment opportunities aligned with Visa stakeholder strategic priorities.
- Coordinate with Partnerships teams to ensure alignment between investment and commercial partnership agreements.
- Lead and coordinate due diligence efforts across several domains including technical, business and legal diligence.
- Develop and prepare investment materials for the Investment Committee that outline the strategic benefits of investment, commercial partnership terms, investment terms, and other relevant information for potential investments.
- Lead or co-lead all aspects of equity investment transactions including sourcing, due diligence, strategic analysis, financial analysis and modeling, deal structuring, deal negotiation and deal documentation review.
- Monitor operational and financial performance of assigned portfolio companies; facilitate quarterly performance analysis for individual companies and full investment portfolio.
- Proactively work with portfolio companies and Visa stakeholders to execute on partnership and growth strategies.
- Ensure rigorous adherence to Visa and external reporting and Compliance requirements. Support application of risk control and accounting reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop skills and career trajectory of junior investment team members.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 35% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
If interested, please apply here.