The director will support the Innovation Executive who leads the Ventures Office. Specific duties include building relationships with start-up companies and other investors, finding target companies to invest in that meet our investment guidelines, monitoring investments, negotiating investment contracts, and other work as assigned.
We Are Looking for Candidates With the following skills and experiences:
- Great financial and business analytical skills
- Relationship building skills
- Business judgment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents State Farm and fosters strong relationships with a variety of key external industry contacts including venture capital firms, startups, accelerators, incubators, universities, vendors and other organizations
- Builds State Farm network in local ecosystems; benchmarks best practices, and develops key critical relationships to enable future new business concepts
- Develops, coordinates, and executes communication strategies for key initiatives
- Maintains awareness of industry direction related to architecture and technology solutions to ensure alignment with strategic enterprise roadmaps
- Maintains a high degree of business acumen and understanding of business area pain points, needs of end users and external customers and uses this knowledge to strategically forecast demand for new solutions and services
- Demonstrates appropriate level of knowledge and understanding of technology and/or business processes, enterprise risk activities, associated issues and alignment with our organizational strategies
- Consults with senior leaders regarding the relationship between external trends and company strategies
What’s in it for you:
- Work with cutting edge technologies and business models
- Contribute to brand new, patent-worthy, concepts and products.
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams.
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training.
- Opportunity to identify, research, and feed the development of new and experimental products.
- Freedom to utilize different technologies, languages, and frameworks that apply to the problem being solved.
- Influence and inform solution design efforts that consider performance, risk mitigation, user experience, and testability.
- Participates in Design Thinking to identify personas, develop problem solving ideas, and pitch ideas to leadership as a team.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential.
- Flexible work schedules. (Design your start and end time)
- STEM Mentoring Opportunities: Give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at STEM events for students!
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- 401k plan and fully funded pension.
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
IF interested, please apply here.