SKTA is looking to add a key member to the venture investment and business development team. The candidate will play a central role in developing the investment ecosystem (advisor network, EIRs, etc.), sourcing and evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses, executing transactions in a timely manner, as well as supporting current portfolio companies.
- Source, identify, and analyze new investment opportunities by working with the team to expand its co-investment and corporate partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs, Subject Matter Experts)
- Develop investment theses and deep dive on specific technology areas with subject matter experts
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, and competitive landscape; share findings with investment team
- Lead in coordinating annual tech event (e.g. Demo Day)
- Lead efforts in due diligence on potential investment opportunities and prepare investment memo
- Execute new and/or follow-on investments, including deal structuring and financial modeling
- Assist and support portfolio companies with business strategy, financial review, and investors, partners and customers introduction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably directly in venture capital and/or corporate development
- Technical and operating experience in high growth startups
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency with data manipulation, financial models, cap tables and presentations
- Familiarity and passion for core technologies
- Must be a self-starter, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed
Location of the position is in Sunnyvale, CA.
For more information, visit http://www.skta.com
IF interested, please apply here.