Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in. In this role you will make and manage financially attractive investments for Qualcomm Ventures in North America. QC Ventures is the strategic venture capital arm of Qualcomm. Please visit http://www.qualcommventures.com for further details on the QC Ventures group.
The position will be based in SF Bay Area, preferably in San Francisco.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
1) Completing investments by investigating new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, negotiating agreements, and presenting investment recommendations to the Qualcomm Ventures investment committee.
2) Managing and helping Qualcomm Ventures portfolio investments grow by monitoring investments, actively participating in board meetings, helping portfolio companies with their strategic and growth prospects to enhance their chances of success and establishing a stronger link between Qualcomm and portfolio companies when warranted.
3) Leading cross-functional (engineering, marketing, finance) and cross-departmental coordination for business development activities pertaining to new technologies and investment opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications Requires a minimum of 10+ years professional experience with roles spanning engineering, product management, strategy, business development.
- Candidate for the Director role must have prior Principal Investing experience
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills with ample experience in assessing businesses, technologies and business models
- Proven financial skills (analysis, modeling, valuation)
- Solid understanding of VC industry drivers and players
Preferred Qualifications Strong persuasive skills driven by solid written and oral communications Self-driven and motivated with strong interpersonal skills
Education Requirements Bachelor (preferably engineering and/or computer science degree) and an MBA.
If interested, please apply here.