PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
Report to the Vice President and Global Head of Corporate Development and Ventures of PayPal. Lead and develop inorganic growth opportunities for PayPal globally – from idea to proposal to deal execution– taking a holistic, cross-functional approach
- Own all aspects of the deal, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing activities
- Lead and coordinate a cross-functional deal team within PayPal as well as serve as a primary point of contact to target portfolio company management
- Manage and mentor junior deal support team members who assist with sourcing/market research, financial modeling and diligence
- Ambitiously identify and qualify new ideas & companies for PayPal from internal & external sources; keeping close ties to PayPal executives and industry leaders (entrepreneurs, investors and bankers)
- 10+ years in Venture Capital, Corporate Development, Private Equity, or Investment Banking. Additional experience in Management Consulting, Business Development, Product Marketing, or Product Management/Development is a plus
- MBA from top-rated business school, or similar level of experience and skills
- Experience in a deal environment as well as an operational one where people leadership was required
- Personally led or played a strong role in numerous venture financings; Board or Observer roles is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker – knows what’s best for the business
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, and experience working with executives; a sophisticated and well-connected, worldly businessperson
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable
IF interested, please apply here.