Open Web Collective (OWC) is an early-stage blockchain venture fund and accelerator. By bringing together capital and value-add services, OWC helps founders de-risk, accelerate, and advance Web 3.0.
During our three-month long accelerator program, our promising pre-seed and seed stage startups work with leading investors and corporate partners to validate and invalidate business ideas, build products, define and grow KPIs, develop product-market fit, and fundraise.
We believe that our core differentiation lies in how we build our platform and the community around it. Where some VCs start with a fund and try to “bolt on” a community, we started with community first (no, really) and are building out our fund from there. This gives us a first-principles approach to building a new kind of venture fund, and you’ll experience it directly when designing and building the platform features that are direct manifestations of our core values.
The Director/Principal of Portfolio Growth is responsible for scaling and executing OWC’s Portfolio development and Growth as a part of our platform strategy. This role includes managing portfolio company communications, events, setting up venture building services, cultivating the network/community, and designing portfolio support services.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Network Cultivation and Community/Relationship Management:
- Cultivate OWC’s brand in the Web3 and broader tech community.
- Actively participate and represent OWC in the ecosystem by attending events and building relationships
- Grow the network of service providers, subject-matter experts, and program partners
Alumni and Portfolio Support:
- Consult and support portfolio companies as needed (ex. exploring new business models, incentive design, fundraising, hiring, introductions to corporates)
- Identifying emerging needs and opportunities faced by our portfolio companies and alumni and developing plans to address them
- Maintain a resource library of best practices, templates, guides, and vendor discounts
Collaborate with the Investment Team:
- Help the investment team to proactively identify and assess various investment opportunities
- Develop and improve the portfolio company onboarding process
Collaborate with the Marketing Team:
- Listen, gather, and share community’s feedback and opinions with the team to track community sentiment and provide actionable reports and recommendations
- Drive community engagement by supporting the marketing team in planning, programming, and executing social events and resources for OWC community
Global Head of Programs:
- Help outline a strategy, develop priorities, measure and report on the impact of our programs (incl. Accelerator, Fellowships & XIRs)
- Work with our partners to help with the delivery plan and execution of programs
- Overseeing identification and sourcing of experienced founders and program staff
- Develop playbooks and resources for program use
- 6+ years in a fast-paced environments within technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building software and contributing to open source developer communities
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Capacity to direct strategic initiatives while executing on tactical duties, manage and deliver on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Excellent relationship-builder and communicator, polished executive presence, and ability to instill confidence
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Deep involvement in the blockchain/Web3 space
- Experience designing, coding, deploying and executing a smart contract or building a decentralized application (dApp)
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Generous benefits
- Remote (US-based preferred, US Eastern or Pacific Time working hours)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Bi-annual in-person team meetups around the globe
If interested, please apply here.