Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive has an immediate opening in Sunnyvale, CA for a Director of Intuitive Ventures. Working with cross-functional partners this role is responsible for sourcing, due diligence and investing in promising early stage companies in the life sciences disciple. The candidate will required to develop strong sourcing networks, interact directly with senior leadership and manage the due diligence process using internal and external experts. They will build the venture pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities adjacent to Intuitive’s ecosystem.
This role requires commitment to healthcare advancement in support of Intuitive’s mission. The candidate must excel in a high-energy, high performance, small-team environment. This role will report into the SVP of Corporate Development and Strategy.
- Build Intuitive’s venture portfolio. Identify and research key areas of healthcare for investment, working in collaboration with business development, strategy, and internal finance teams to ensure corporate and strategic alignment.
- Monitor healthcare trends in key markets. Lead market and competitive analysis of specific investment opportunities and sectors.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with venture capitalists, government officials, research organizations, entrepreneurs and key opinion leaders in the innovative healthcare ecosystem globally.
- Lead and/or participating in all aspects of the equity investment process. Activities include deal sourcing, financial modeling, due diligence, negotiation and committee presentations for new and follow-on investments.
- Assess overall strategy portfolio companies. Identify opportunities for collaboration and coordinate those engagements appropriately.
- Monitor financial health and viability of portfolio companies. Present options on addressing investment concerns and/or exit strategies, where applicable.
- Present investment conclusions and/or recommendations to Executive team, including portfolio and deal updates. Provide performance oversight of investment portfolio by assessing annual results and future strategic plans. Identify areas of concern and strategies for mitigation
- Represent Intuitive appropriately in external forums including attending industry conferences and venture events to identify prospective opportunities.
- Degree in related discipline; MD/MBA/Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of strategic venture investment experience in progressive leadership roles.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working within a fast-paced, medical device and/or biotechnology company.
- Expert knowledge of the healthcare venture ecosystem and corporate venture capital strategies.
- Experience in venture investment, execution and portfolio management globally.
- Knowledge of healthcare policy, international healthcare markets, latest scientific and technological advances and disruptive business models.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling capabilities.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders internal and external. Ability to gain alignment towards common objectives.
- Highly collaborative. Proven ability to work with and leverage resources cross-functionally and lead team both directly and indirectly.
- Demonstrated executive presence with exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive. High integrity. Intellectual curiosity and strong learning ability.
If interested, please apply here.