Our team advises our CEO, CFO and executive leadership on driving strategy and evaluating, assessing, & prioritizing investments across the company. Our mission is to help VMware identify and invest in the right opportunities, with deliberate thought and a committed focus on capital allocation, investment prioritization and value creation.
We seek to accomplish this mission through:
- Activities that impact today: annual strategy planning, long-range planning, portfolio prioritization and assessment
- Activities that impact tomorrow: business strategy, organic investments in long-term bets, M&A and strategic partnerships
We value strategic thinking and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware.
We are searching for a talented, dynamic individual to be part of the VMware Investment Strategy team in Palo Alto, CA. The successful candidate will provide thought leadership and drive strategy projects to support the top company priorities. The candidate should have ability to manage relationships across multiple business groups and obtain alignment.
- Lead projects or major workstreams focused on VMware’s strategy, capital allocation, invest prioritization or key corporate priorities.
- Structure and solve business problems by collaborating with key internal stakeholders across the company.
- Develop detailed quantitative analysis to support findings and recommendations.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to senior management concisely.
- Handle several high-priority projects/workstreams concurrently.
- Provide leadership and coaching to Investment Strategy Team.
- 7+ years post-MBA at a top-tier management consulting firm, corporate strategy, investment bank / private equity / venture capital firm, business development or corporate development, or other relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated success in establishing relationship with Executive leadership.
- Recent experience with strategy, portfolio planning, M&A and strategic finance.
- Experienced in leading teams.
- BA/BS and MBA required.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Finance
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-04-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
If interested, please apply here.