Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
We are seeking a strong, well rounded leader who works well cross functionality to shape and execute our strategy on Artificial Intelligence. Our company just announced a $100 M VC fund that is focused on AI and ML to incubate a shift in our market positioning.
Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To
- Act as focal point for various internal AI related projects, resources and how they fit in the overall above global strategy.
- Sources Venture Capital deals in the USA and owns the end to end process from deal sourcing, due-diligence, to investing in B,C or later stage venture rounds
- Nurturing and maintaining a close link to companies Micron has invested in and executing on our strategic objectives related to our investment strategy
- Drive alignment/sync/execution for our AI / ML efforts across the company
- Drives and supports a range of strategic initiatives around artificial and machine learning technology, partnering with both business and technology stakeholders
- Understands ongoing developments in the broader artificial intelligence ecosystem and has ideally domain expertise in 1-2 of the following verticals: autonomous vehicles, manufacturing (IoT), consumer or health care
- Supports creation of senior executive briefings for the Executive Team of Micron, the Board and our Investment Committee and other forums as required
- Communicates grounded recommendations to senior leaders and their broader organizations, influencing upwards and laterally to drive organizational change and alignment
- Develops and implements dashboards to monitor the progress of our ecosystem efforts and Venture Capital investments
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Broad, versatile knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning landscape, combined with strong business consulting acumen, enabling the identification, design and deployment of optimal AI / machine learning business opportunities
- Strong focus on Organic and Inorganic growth opportunities that take Micron beyond our current memory centric semiconductor business
- Strong attention to detail and focus: your work will be used at the highest levels of decision-making and stakeholders will expect to use your information without qualification or second-guessing its accuracy
- Strong teamwork ethic and motivational skills to translate analysis into action
- Action-oriented with demonstrated ability to lead and develop others
- Ability to work with senior executives and provide high quality responses on a short deadline
- Comfort level with changing needs and priorities, ambiguity, information overload, short deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills
- Master’s in computer science, computer/electrical engineering, statistics, physics, mathematics or a related field required
- MBA from a Tier 1 University
The ideal candidate should have Startup Experience in senior position or ex co-founder, alternatively business experience in marketing, strategy or a consulting background from major firms such as BCG, McKinsey etc.
We will consider candidates with a strong financial background who can demonstrate a good technical in-depth understanding of at least vertical mentioned above.
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
If interested, please apply here.